Fundraising is what allows PKAVS to make the difference it does. Individuals, groups, schools, businesses, and others help us raise thousands of vital pounds each year.
You can take part and raise funds for one of PKAVS organised events or come up with your own - you could create a sporting or music event, hold a raffle or auction, or get sponsored to do something you love, or experience anew challenge. Here are some ideas:
- Fun Runs and Races: From friendly 5k to a full-on marathon, there’s a run out there to suit everyone!
- Charity Treks and Challenges: Some daring PKAVS staff and fundraiser have conquered Tough Mudder - are you up for it?! Or look to consider charity treks and challenges abroad.
- Sponsored walks: Get out and about in the beautiful Scottish countryside exploring some of the most popular charity walks we have to offer.
- Organise an event: Bake sales, car washes, dress down days, clothes swaps, sponsored silences, sleep overs, raffles, and dinner parties – there’s no shortage of ideas.
Getting started fundraising for PKAVS is easy, we have a fundraising pack packed full of guidance and ideas, click here to download it and get fundraising today!
Try starting a page on JustGiving to help spread the word and collect donations online, you can visit our JustGiving page here.
If you have an idea but aren't sure how to go about it, give us a call on 01738 567076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you work through your ideas. Here's what others are getting up to:
- A Ride to Etna: Fraser Band and Steve Pirie raised £8,000 by riding their motorbikes to Sicily through nine European countries in just three days. The enterprising lads hosted various events including a quiz, chocolate night and garden party.
- School kids show us how it's done: Pupils from Glenalmond College wholeheartedly embraced fundraising and raised over £3,000 by organising a 'Give Gig' with live music, sketches and dancing, bake sale and dog-walking.
- Swimming the length and breadth of Scotland: Roddy Davidson and Stewart Barnett raised over £4,000 by swimming lengths in nearly every public pool in Scotland - that's over 26km and 100 pools in just 8 days!