Thank you from PKAVS9th January 2017
As 2017 beckons, on behalf of all at PKAVS, I would like to offer thanks to the people of Perth & Kinross for their support over the past year.
We are proud to be a charity that is directly involved in helping more than 5,000 local people across many different communities. Through our work with unpaid young and adult carers, minority communities, those recovering from mental ill-health, and the voluntary sector, we have supported, advised, advocated for, and provided opportunities to so many individuals in Perth & Kinross.
Some highlights over 2016 have included:
- Helping 856 adult carers access one-to-one support, holistic social therapies, group respite, community cafes, carer learning days, and short breaks.
- Supporting 124 young carers during one-to-one sessions; focussing on children with highly complex caring roles, additional support needs, or those in crisis situations.
- Helping 130 clients recovering from mental ill-health gain confidence and new skills by offering group activities, one-to-one time, qualifications, and training.
- Establishing a new initiative, “Bridging the Gap”, which focusses on older ethnic minority communities and is aimed at improving awareness of services that exist to support them.
- Working alongside St Johnstone Football Club to facilitate the establishment of a new Community Trust which will advance their community-focused projects.
It makes us proud to know that we have been able to improve the lives of local people and we are privileged to be a charity that has the opportunity to make such a difference. It is the people of Perth & Kinross’ ongoing support that has allowed us to make the change that we do, and for that we are incredibly grateful.
Whether you have volunteered your time, given crucial donations, visited our charity shop, or supported us in any other way, thank you once again.
The generosity of the people in Perth & Kinross has been incredibly important to PKAVS; we are a charity that can help local people only because you help us. We look forward to the continued support from our fantastic community, support that allows us to enhance lives and connect communities.