Info & Support
PKAVS Young Carers offers support to young carers through a number of different initiatives, activities and groups. Some are available to all young carers and others are targeted to those with specific needs. Opportunities can include:
- Young Carer Statement
- Every young carer is offered support to create a YOUNG CARERS STATEMENT – a simple plan that looks at things that will make a positive difference and identify who can help make it happen. The plan identifies all of the people that can help. Not just support from PKAVS Young Carers.
- Respite – time out from caring role, meet other young carers and have fun
- Groups for primary age young carers take place in term time in some areas but we also work with local partners to support access to their opportunities.
- Residential and day trips – during the school holidays
- Small grants – we promote and support access to funding for respite activities
- Education support – we can help work with Schools to identify and support young carers in an educational setting
- One to one support – a short term opportunity for some young carers that allows them to speak to staff about any issues worrying them i.e. school, their caring role, family/friend issues
- Family support – signposting to other services that may be able to support young carers families
- Information, advice and advocacy