Day Club – Activities
We are PKAVS, we are an incorporated charity that serves the community of Perth & Kinross offering four community-led services supported by a team of 70 colleagues and up to 80 volunteers.
At PKAVS, Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation and are essential to everything that we do.
We operate across four locations in Perth & Kinross under our service banners which include Carers PKAVS, the Third Sector Interface, The Walled Garden & Wisecraft PKAVS, and Shopmobility PKAVS.
We offer these varied social care and welfare services as well as support and advocacy to Perth & Kinross’ dynamic third sector.
At PKAVS our vision is a Perth and Kinross where people flourish, and communities thrive.
Carers PKAVS is our largest service. We provide support and respite care to unpaid carers aged 5+ across Perth & Kinross at our Carers Centre in Lewis Place Perth.
The Third Sector Interface is administered by PKAVS on behalf of the Scottish Government and provides four crucial support workstreams to the third sector in Perth & Kinross from the Gateway in Perth
- Voice – supporting the voice of the third sector.
- Connect – Connecting communities through the third sector.
- Building Capacity – supporting the development and growth of the third sector.
- Volunteering – developing and growing the volunteer programme to support the ongoing operation of third sector organisations.
Walled Garden & Wisecraft PKAVS – provides therapeutic support and engagement activities that serve to improve the mental health and well-being of the people of Perth & Kinross from their two locations at the Walled Garden & Cafe in Perth and at the Wisecraft Workshop in Blairgowrie.
Shopmobility PKAVS promotes independence in the community by providing mobility support equipment from its purpose built Shopmobility hub in Perth’s Canal St car park.
We have been supporting communities across Perth & Kinross for over 50 years; however, there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
We offer an inclusive culture that’s based on compassion, togetherness, speaking from the heart, and our passion for making a positive impact. As a volunteer any expenses are reimbursed and you’ll be provided with training and learning opportunities to help you develop new skills as well as sharing your existing experience and expertise with us.
Our Day Services offer carers an opportunity to take a break from their caring role safe in the knowledge that the person they care for will be well looked after and supported. The day clubs allow the cared for person some time away from their home environment and a chance to meet new people and try new things.
We are looking to gather a highly motivated team of volunteers to assist in facilitating our various activity groups. Activities include board games, quizzes, guest speakers and other activities such as gentle exercise, relaxation techniques, baking, painting and crafts. We also regularly have day trips and holidays for both carers and those they care for.
Skills and Experience
No experience is necessary. If you have the following skills and experience then we would love to hear from you –
- Enthusiastic – Passion and commitment to deliver a positive service
- Empathetic – Understand the demands placed on unpaid carers due to their caring responsibilities’
- Engaging – Have a good sense of humour, listen and respond to carers needs and contribute new ideas for activities
PKAVS Carers Centre, Lewis Place, Perth, PH1 3BD
Various – If you have any time available Monday to Friday we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits of Volunteering at PKAVS
- You will be joining a friendly and welcoming team that is dedicated to making a difference in the local community.
- An opportunity to share your skills, experience, and interests.
- You’ll be provided with a full induction programme to ensure you settle into your volunteering role with ongoing training programmes.
- There will be the opportunity to gain valuable experience and continuous learning.
- We can provide references in relation to your volunteering role if you are going into employment.
As a PKAVS volunteer you will meet new people, have fun and learn new skills while helping others and playing an important part in contributing to your local community.
You can find out more about our Day Services at: Day Services | PKAVS
If you would like to get involved please complete the application form telling us about your skills, experiences and interests and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively applications can be posted or dropped off at – The Gateway, North Methven Street, Perth PH1 5PP
We would love to hear from you, and once we receive your application we will be in touch to arrange a meet up at the service where we can introduce you to the work that we do.